Saturday 30 December 2017

New Years Resolutions | LIFESTYLE

It is the last day of 2017 and the New Year’s resolutions are about to be in full swing! The 1st of January is the perfect excuse for a new start and clean slate which is why I believe so many of us love the New Year. Making goals and sticking to them is incredibly satisfying although I am definitely NOT one of the 8% google says actually keep them. For 2018 I have tried to keep them short, achievable and write them down so I am accountable.

Drink More Water

I don’t know about you but this is the last thing on my mind during my busy day at work! Last year I found myself drinking less and doing a lot more which lead to a lot of burning out at the end of the week. Every blogger and health guru seems to tell me that drinking more water is the first step to a healthier lifestyle which is what I am striving for in 2018.


Healthier Lifestyle

I know this is so cliché but it needs to be said! Before I left for London in 2015 having a healthy lifestyle was a huge part of my life. While living there I had found it a lot harder to eat healthier and to find the time to go to the gym due to the commute and the everyday lifestyle of a big busy city. This year I hope to be more organised and put my body first to not only look healthier but feel healthier too! My goal is to complete another run, whether that be a 6k, 10k or half marathon.


Be More Organised

Generally I am a very clean and organised person… until it comes to my bedroom! I need a clean space to think clearly and keeping things in order really helps. This year I hope to keep my work and home space a clean and relaxing environment.


Write on my Blog More

Seeing as each blog I post is getting further and farther in between, I think that means I have some work to do on this little blog of mine! Unfortunately it takes a lot of time and due to living in London for the past 2 years, I didn't seem to have as much time as I would like to dedicate to this. Now that I am back in New Zealand I have found I have a lot more free time and would like to focus more on writing and creating better content on here. Ideas are always welcome!


Decide on a Career Path

Even though I am 25 years old I still have no idea what I want to do for a job! Why is it so hard?! Since leaving high school in 2010 I focused my life on travelling. Even though years have passed I still am not sure what I want to do. This year I want to make a decision and begin the journey towards a career. 


Learn to Cook


This year I have decided that it is time for me to actually use those cookbooks I buy but never use and become the next masterchef (OK that may be a bit too adventurous!). I love cooking and trying to make new dishes so spending a bit more time in the kitchen rather than on the couch will be the first step in achieving this goal. Lets hope this will help with the healthy eating as well! 



What are some of your New Year's Resolutions?! I would love to hear them!
I hope 2018 brings you and your family health, happiness and new adventures. Remember to be kind and step out of your comfort zone. This year will be great!!


Happy New Year!

Thanks for reading!

God Bless,
Amber x

No comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished